Here are some recent real market TAC values.
- Cole Hamels (9-2, 3.47 ERA, 9.53 K's/9) - Hamels leads the NL in W's & K's. His 02 Bowman Chrome Draft RC has been selling at an average TAC of around $35 this month. Going forward, expect to pay in the high $30's to low $40's range.
- Andrew Miller (2-0, 3.18 ERA, 5.68 K's/9 IP) - 22 year old Miller has been off to a decent start this season in the majors. After pitching 6 shut-out innings in his first start in May, he slipped a little in his next outing, allowing 4 ER in 5.1 IP. He's still young, and obviously has talent, so just need to give some time to adjust and he should be fine. This month, his 07 Bowman Auto has been selling for an average TAC of $29, his Bowman Blue Auto #'d 500 for $33.50, and his UD Spectrum Auto RC for $26. One cool card to get is his UD Spectrum Auto Die-Cut RC #'d 50 (one sold for $36.49 on 6/12).
- Alex Rodriguez - (.309, 26 HR, 70 RBI) As expected, A Rod's key 94 SP RC is back on fire, as he solidifies his place on top of the HR & RBI leaderboard. For the past week, it's averaged a TAC of $81, up about $20 from the week before (+33%!). Expect to pay between $85 to $95 now, depending on your purchase timing.
- Scott Kazmir (4-3, 4.07 ERA, 9.21 K's/9 IP) - Don't let Kazmir's stats so far this year fool you. Last season he had an impressive 10-8 record, 3.24 ERA & 10.17 K's/9 IP for the lowly D-Rays (who lost 101 games in '06). Once he breaks out of his slump, you'll start to see interest in his cards return. Now is a good time to pick up his 02 UD Prospect Premieres Auto & 04 Bowman Sterling Auto/Jsy, which can be found in the low $40's & low $20's respectively.
- Ian Snell (6-4, 2.63 ERA, 7.37 K's/9 IP) - Snell is the top ace for a Pirates team that is full of young, talented (but under achieving) starting pitchers (i.e. Zach Duke, Paul Maholm, Tom Gorzelanny). In his 3 June starts, he's 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA & 7.5 K's/9 IP. I feel that his cards are still undervalued in the hobby, and can be found at very affordable TAC values. My favorite is his 04 SP Authentic Auto #'d 999, which can probably be found for $20 or maybe even less.