Google
 
size="31" type="text"/>

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jake Peavy Slumping?

Oh, did I say Jake Peavy was in a slump (see my post "Who's Hot, Who's Not" from yesterday on Sports Lizard)? What was I thinking! Guess he just had a 2-game stumble (not long enough to be called a slump). He was back with a fury tonight vs. the D-Rays! Maybe he got inspired watching the highlights of Justin Verlander's no-no yesterday. Whatever it was, I'm glad to see him back on top of his game. He pitched 7 strong innings, allowing 2 hits, 0 runs & 3 BB, with 8 K's. It would've been pretty pointless to bring him back in the 8th & risk an injury, since the Padres were up 9-0 after Terrmel Sledge's solo HR in the top of the inning.

Maybe now his 01 Bowman Chrome Ref RC will break out of the $40's TAC that it's been stuck in this month (Actual avg TAC has been around $46). I hope to also see some of those 01 Topps Fusion Auto's popping up again (I haven't seen any on auction this month).

No comments: