- Alex Rodriguez is 0 for 17 since he hit his 499th career HR, but his 94 SP RC seems to be holding onto a strong average TAC price since then (7/25), at around $102.80. I've seen sales as high as $140+, but you can still find them in the $90's range if you look carefully.
- Indians' ace C.C. Sabathia was 12-2 with a 3.20 ERA through the end of June, but has had a rocky July, going 1-4 with a 5.12 ERA for the month. His 99 Topps Traded Auto has felt the effects of his current slump, dropping in TAC price from the $60's range to the $40's range in the last few weeks. Now is a good time to buy.
- Johan Santana, one of the best strike-out pitchers of the last several years, is having a challenging '07 season, but his 00 Bowman's Best RC #'d 2999 has been holding steady at around $57 TAC. I think that most collectors know Santana is a future 3000 K's (if not 4000 K's) pitcher who will eventually break out of this slump. Right now I would rate his RC's a "Hold".
- Cleveland slugger Travis Hafner started the season strong in April, but has struggled ever since. We're finally starting to see his slumping play affect his card values. His 01 SPx Auto RC was selling for around $70 TAC up through a week ago, but has since fallen, and can be found for around the $40's range.
- Prince Fielder, who was the hottest hitter in the NL not too long ago, has since been overshadowed by teammate Ryan Braun. His 02 UD Prospect Premiers Auto XRC has fallen in average TAC price every week this month; from $228.50, to $198.31, to $178.63, to $167.92, and this week to $160.18. Fielder still leads the NL in HR (30) and is 2nd in the majors (to ARod). His cards are becoming good buys again, so keep your eye out for deals!
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Posted by cardcollectingrambler at 12:52 PM